Join us to find out more on Saturday 20 January.
Lent Fast Day 2018
Please come and join us at our Lent family fast day briefing on Saturday 20 January to hear a first- hand account about our work in Zimbabwe and how we are helping children like Svondo have enough healthy food to eat, and therefore prevent malnutrition.
You will also hear the exciting news that the government have agreed to match any fundraising for the family fast day appeal up to £5 million, so we need to ensure that every parish in the diocese is aware of how important their support is. So please come and hear more about this project and help us to raise £5 million.
Our Lent briefing will take place on Saturday 20 January from 10am – 12.30pm at St Mary Moorfields, Parish Centre, in the basement, 4-5 Eldon Street, London, EC2M 7LS. Continue reading
We often make resolutions for the new-year, promises that will improve our lives and those of others. Why not make volunteering for CAFOD your resolution?
CAFOD Westminster Office Team
Many of the biggest changes in the world have come from groups of people saying ‘I will’ together. Help us share God’s love by ending poverty. Help us reach everyone in poverty.
We need people in our local Churches raising awareness of poverty and our work to alleviate it. We need people to visit schools, or contact their MPs on issues of importance. We need people to pray for our work. Could you make this your number one resolution?
Could you take up one of these resolutions to change the world? Click on the links to find out more.
- Volunteer for CAFOD – In parishes, schools or in many other ways – click here to find out more about volunteering. Perhaps join us for our volunteer meeting on Saturday 20 January?
- Pray for the work of CAFOD and our world one day each week.
- Make a regular gift to support our work. You can even specifically support our work in emergencies or in your Parish’s Connect2 Community.
- Write (or change) your will this year. Could you consider leaving a gift to CAFOD? We have info on how to do this for free.
- Use our resources in church with Confirmation, Communion or Children’s Liturgy.
- Sign up to receive updates from our Blog.
- Campaign with us – raise your voice about issues of injustice.
- Hold an event in your community to raise awareness or funds for CAFOD – Use your talents, passions and your imagination. Do what you enjoy, and do it for CAFOD. Our Family Fast Day is a perfect opportunity to do this.
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter
- Become an MP Correspondent – help to ensure that the voices of many of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people are heard in the corridors of power
Contact us on 0208 449 6970 or firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s try and make this a happy new year for all. It will be a New Year’s Revelation.
Lord Jesus, come and let your light shine through us so that through our actions we may be salt for the earth, a light in people’s sight and that we might reach out to you in one another, especially those in need.
Join us for a tour around Westminster Cathedral.
We are offering CAFOD Volunteers a one-hour of the Cathedral on Friday 2 February at 13.45 or 15.15pm. The tour will be led by John O’Brien, a CAFOD speaker volunteer for many years, who is a Guide at the Cathedral. Booking limited to 12 places per tour.
(Please note the tour for Friday 12 January has had to be cancelled due to special Mass)
- Join us this January for a tour around Westminster Cathedral
Westminster Cathedral is the Mother church for the Catholics of England and Wales. It is the seat of the Archbishop of Westminster, presently Cardinal Vincent Nichols. Founded by Cardinal Herbert Vaughan the Cathedral foundation stone was laid in 1895 and the Cathedral opened in 1903. Its byzantine architecture is very special and completely unlike the gothic Westminster Abbey or St Paul’s Cathedral in the City of London. Continue reading