Join us to find out more on Saturday 20 January.
Lent Fast Day 2018
Please come and join us at our Lent family fast day briefing on Saturday 20 January to hear a first- hand account about our work in Zimbabwe and how we are helping children like Svondo have enough healthy food to eat, and therefore prevent malnutrition.
You will also hear the exciting news that the government have agreed to match any fundraising for the family fast day appeal up to £5 million, so we need to ensure that every parish in the diocese is aware of how important their support is. So please come and hear more about this project and help us to raise £5 million.
Our Lent briefing will take place on Saturday 20 January from 10am – 12.30pm at St Mary Moorfields, Parish Centre, in the basement, 4-5 Eldon Street, London, EC2M 7LS. Continue reading
We often make resolutions for the new-year, promises that will improve our lives and those of others. Why not make volunteering for CAFOD your resolution?
CAFOD Westminster Office Team
Many of the biggest changes in the world have come from groups of people saying ‘I will’ together. Help us share God’s love by ending poverty. Help us reach everyone in poverty.
We need people in our local Churches raising awareness of poverty and our work to alleviate it. We need people to visit schools, or contact their MPs on issues of importance. We need people to pray for our work. Could you make this your number one resolution?
Could you take up one of these resolutions to change the world? Click on the links to find out more.
- Volunteer for CAFOD – In parishes, schools or in many other ways – click here to find out more about volunteering. Perhaps join us for our volunteer meeting on Saturday 20 January?
- Pray for the work of CAFOD and our world one day each week.
- Make a regular gift to support our work. You can even specifically support our work in emergencies or in your Parish’s Connect2 Community.
- Write (or change) your will this year. Could you consider leaving a gift to CAFOD? We have info on how to do this for free.
- Use our resources in church with Confirmation, Communion or Children’s Liturgy.
- Sign up to receive updates from our Blog.
- Campaign with us – raise your voice about issues of injustice.
- Hold an event in your community to raise awareness or funds for CAFOD – Use your talents, passions and your imagination. Do what you enjoy, and do it for CAFOD. Our Family Fast Day is a perfect opportunity to do this.
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter
- Become an MP Correspondent – help to ensure that the voices of many of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people are heard in the corridors of power
Contact us on 0208 449 6970 or firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s try and make this a happy new year for all. It will be a New Year’s Revelation.
Lord Jesus, come and let your light shine through us so that through our actions we may be salt for the earth, a light in people’s sight and that we might reach out to you in one another, especially those in need.
But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Saviour has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” Luke 2:10-12
Thank you for all your support this year and we hope you have a blessed and joyful Christmas. It is wonderful that as we celebrate Jesus’ birth, our partners overseas will continue to show God’s love to those who, like the child Jesus, are born in conditions of poverty, face the threat of persecution and are forced to flee their homeland.
We pray that God blesses you and your families at this special time and that your 2018 is filled with grace and hope. We look forward to seeing you again in the New Year.
With best wishes,
Tony Sheen and Nalini Nathan